24 July 2012

worms on strings

It's late summer. 24th of July! I wonder how's the time passed so quickly and I have not moved an inch. Life seems to be running but I'm just here. I guess that sounds weird but that's how I feel. Everything is slow and fast at the same time, and I feel like I'm growing up too fast.
I'm sitting in my bed with a book ('Go Ask Alice' 1971 by Anonymous) chewing on tic tac fresh mint in the light of twilight. I don't even bother turning up the lights because I like it when I sit in my bed for ages reading and without ever realising it's pitch dark outside, and then when I finally turn the lights back on I'm astonished how I've managed to read in such circumstances. 
I haven't been writing much, not because much hasn't been happening, but because I haven't had that writing spirit recently. However now it's extremely high, which is why I'd like to use  lots of sophisticated and grown up words haha. Erm... The book I'm reading is really sad and eye opening, and I'm almost finished with it. But because it's so good, I don't want to finish it. It's actually a biography so the ending isn't cliché at all. In fact the girl who wrote it died 3 weeks after finishing it.
Yesterday I went to Penarth with Josey and Rhianned, and we went charity store shopping. We found lots of awesome things and I wanted to get loads but unfortunately I only bought one t-shirt (£3.50) because apparently I only had a fiver on my credit card. Josey got lots of cheap, lovely things though. We got ourselves icy coffee drinks from starbucks and went to the Penarth pier. On our way there (which by the way is extremely close to the town!) we walked through Alexandria park. It was so magical there haha, like butterflies and little dark paths and very quiet and eerie. We sat down on this broken bench and talked for ages about stuff. The beach was great, really nice.I mean the water wasn't blue or anything but it was just genuinely nice. The blue sky and children running around with ice creams. Afterwards we got a bus back to Cardiff and went to Bute park, where we met up with a couple of people. It was really nice and chilled. Then other people started arriving, drunks and potheads, and the conversations got better. Later on people got alcohol but I didn't have any money, and I felt kind of down (not because I didn't have money ofc) and Lewis threw a bottle at my head and I started tearing! Imagine, how embarrassing. I'm a little softie. Anyhow obviously not because of the pain but because of something else.  Maybe it's my parents? Or my family? I don't know. I guess things aren't going exactly perfect but I think we have all silently agreed to ignore it. I guess I can say this because most of my views are from America and I'm assuming not many people read this.  BOOH. Anyhow, right, around 10pm we were leaving and the park was locked! So we had to climb this gate which was fun. We sang songs, and I listened to drunk Josie tell everyone she loves them, soo funny : D
Today I woke up early downstairs on the massive sofa all by myself, and the weather outside was amazing! It was 8am, and I had to get up and get ready for work.I had a ciggie, coffee and I read my book on the bus. Mc Donalds gave me a 45 min break after the first hour and half, which I didn't want but I guess my feet didn't really mind. So I changed, got my bag, grabbed a smoothie and went to the grass patch by the Castle. It was the best break I've ever had. I lied on my back in the sun, reading glorious book and listening to music, drinking the best smoothie ever and smoking a cigarette. It was over tooo soon. This goth guy in work really hates me! He thinks I don't know shit about mc donalds because I keep mixing up what's in what sandwich ( you know like whether a filet o fish has lettuce or not, or weather there are pickles in a quarter pounder). So basically thinks I'm dumb shit. I've never liked mc donalds very much and I most definitely have not had all their foods. Bleh.
Anyhoooo, I've got work tomorrow till 10pm! And then the next day, it's the same thing. Ugh, on the sunniest days of the year when people are having bbq's beach days and boat rides and picnics. I'm not kidding they're doing this all during these three days in which I happen to have work. 
I'm going cinema with Peter tomorrow, so see ya.
p.s it's pitch dark outside!





























No comments:

Post a Comment